During the summers, it is a well known fact that energy cost continues to rise at a massive pace. The people just cannot bear the external temperature, and it is the air conditions that ensure a comfortable temperature inside the premise. However, the increasing energy bills can burn a deep hole in your pocket if you do not take measures to lower it down. And, surprisingly, there are many ways you can do that. There are many ways that you can implement to lower your energy cost on air conditioners, but in this article, let us talk about the top 5 ways that are usually practiced to cut down air condition cost. It would help you make considerable savings on your air conditioner cost and also ensure that you are able to enjoy the air conditioned temperature at all times. Here are the top 5 ways you can keep in mind going forward –
- Many people just set their thermostat to a particular temperature and then simply forgets about it. However, use a programmable thermostat, so that you can lower the temperature by a few degrees during the day and increase it again by night. It would help you save a considerable amount of money on energy costs. You will be surprised to know that for every degree change, there is a huge savings you can save annually, as it definitely makes a difference. Generally suggested temperature is between 69 to 78 degrees.
- Cleaning the air filter frequently also matters a lot. If the air filter is not cleaned, it would pass on the pressure on the compressor to work harder to bring the environment to the temperature of your choice. However, with air filters clean, the cool air will pass on and circulate smoothly, without any troubles.
- You should make it a habit that you get your air conditioner checked every year. Getting it serviced on a regular basis can help tremendously in knowing if there is anything wrong with the air conditioner or whether it is working optimally or not. If there is any pending problem with the air conditioner or some problem is brewing, it can be rectified at the right time before its too late. Not only does it ensure that the energy consumption is controlled, but also saves a lot of money on expensive repairs and fixes.
- If you do not require a central air conditioner, do not buy it. Think small in this matter, because using a window air conditioner uses much less energy than the central air conditioner. You will be shocked to know how much more you must be paying for cooling just one room that you use often through your central air conditioner in comparison to a window unit.
- Irrespective of whether you opt for central air conditioner or a room unit, make sure that you buy Energy Star certified air conditioner only. These have passed the energy star ratings and provide considerable gains in savings on energy bills.
Taking these few measures can help you save a lot cumulatively on your energy bills annually, while also ensuring that you do not have to compromise on staying in a pleasant environment or spend huge amounts on repairs.